The City of Northfield Finance Department is responsible for the city's accounting activities including preparing the annual finance report, compiling data for the annual budget, and other documents related to the financial operations of the city.
- Financial support services to the entire organization
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Processing of receivables, payables, and payroll
- Grant and intergovernmental revenue administration
- Banking relations
- Funds management
- Debt service analysis and bond payment management
- Administration of special assessments
- Administration of Tax Increment Financing districts
- Implementation of financial and internal controls
Motor Vehicle Office
The City of Northfield operates a Motor Vehicle office located at City Hall.
Special assessment searches
The City of Northfield completes Special Assessment searches for properties within the city limits of Northfield. This would be for Realtors, title companies, mortgage companies, banks, law offices and any other real estate transactions.
Please print this Special Assessment form and it can be mailed to:
City of Northfield
801 Washington Street
Northfield, MN 55057
Lodging tax return form
Who must file
All individuals, partnerships or corporations in the City of Northfield, Minnesota who derive income from the furnishing of lodging in any hotel, motel, rooming house, Airbnb and VRBO.