Standard drivers’ licenses and DNR licenses
All driver’s license and state ID applications will be processed:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Real ID and enhanced driver’s licenses
Real ID and enhanced driver’s licenses will be processed:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
The process must be started at least 45 minutes before closing. Please allow time to fill out the application to have the process started 45minutes before closing.
Bring in your original documents for these licenses.
There are no exceptions.
Location of office
The Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office is located at Northfield City Hall, 801 Washington Street.
- Processing driver’s license applications, renewals, and replacements
- Real ID and enhanced driver’s licenses
- Vehicle title registrations and renewals
- Special license plate requests
- DNR registrations of ATVs, boats, and snowmobiles
Interpretation services available
An in-person Spanish interpreter is available in the afternoons. On-call interpretation services are available in more than 240 language at any time. These services are free of charge.
Services not offered
The office does NOT administer driver’s license testing. The nearest exam stations are in Faribault, Minnesota and Eagan, Minnesota.